John V. Foley, M.D.
To view patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Foley, please click below.
Dr. John Foley joined Tahoe Forest Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in 1996 and is a board-certified and fellowship-trained sports medicine, trauma, and orthopedic doctor. He is committed to fully educating each of his patients about their non surgical musculoskeletal injury or condition and the treatment options that are available for them.
A graduate of Harvard College in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dr. Foley earned his Doctor of Medicine degree at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in Cincinnati, Ohio, and stayed there to complete a surgical internship at the Good Samaritan Hospital. After his internship, he was accepted into the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Training Program at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, for his residency. Dr. Foley elected to complete additional training after his residency through three different fellowships. The first was a sports medicine fellowship at the Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic in South Lake Tahoe, California, which he followed with an AOTrauma fellowship at the AO Foundation in Bern, Switzerland. Dr. Foley ended his fellowship training with an orthopedic overseas fellowship through the United States Agency for International Development in Kampala, Uganda.
In addition to his regular practice, he serves as a team doctor for Feather River College. Outside of working with patients and athletes, Dr. Foley likes to spend time with his family as well as keep active by mountain biking, skiing, and snowboarding.
Dr. Foley is available to see patients in Truckee at our Tahoe Forest Orthopedics & Sports Medicine location.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology: Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Surgical Internship: Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Training Program Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic, South Lake Tahoe, CA
- AOTrauma Fellowship: AO Foundation, Bern, Switzerland
- Orthopedic Overseas Fellowship: United States Agency for International Development, Kampala, Uganda
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Feather River College
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Plumas District Hospital
- Tahoe Forest Hospital
- Truckee Surgery Center
10051 Lake Avenue, Suite 3
Truckee, CA 96161