Michael L. Jernick, M.D.
To view patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Jernick, please click below.
Fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Jernick specializes in sports medicine, total joint replacement of the hip, knee, and shoulder, and minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures of the ankle, knee, and shoulder. He joined Tahoe Forest Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in 2021. He is dedicated to providing quality medical care for musculoskeletal conditions to improve his patients’ function and help them maintain an active lifestyle.
Dr. Jernick earned his Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Following his undergraduate studies, he completed his postbaccalaureate in pre-health professions at San Francisco State University and earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from Saint Louis University School of Medicine. He underwent an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of California, San Francisco, Fresno. After residency, he decided to devote an additional year to his education through a sports medicine, shoulder, and elbow surgery fellowship at Congress Orthopaedic Associates and Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, California.
In addition to providing orthopedic care, Dr. Jernick enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters. He stays active by skiing and hiking as well as playing golf.
Dr. Jernick is available to see patients in Truckee at our Tahoe Forest Orthopedics & Sports Medicine location.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Finance: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Postbaccalaureate in Pre-Health Professions: San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of California, San Francisco, Fresno, CA
- Sports Medicine, Shoulder, and Elbow Surgery Fellowship: Congress Orthopaedic Associates, Huntington Hospital, Pasadena, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Tahoe Forest Hospital
10051 Lake Avenue, Suite 3
Truckee, CA 96161