Nina S. Winans, M.D.
To view patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Winans, please click below.
Fellowship-trained, board-certified sports medicine specialist Dr. Nina Winans joined Tahoe Forest Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in 2009 and has been practicing sports medicine in the Truckee Tahoe community for 27 years. She holds a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine and specializes in joint injections, nonsurgical fracture care, overuse injuries, and sports concussion care. Dr. Winans is dedicated to working with her patients to improve their function and overall health so they can get back to living life. She focuses on underlying movement patterns as well as biomechanics, and works closely with physical therapists to address these issues to get her patients back to sports with less risk for injury.
A graduate of Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania, Dr. Winans attended the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for her Doctor of Medicine degree. After medical school, she moved to Sacramento, California, where she completed a family practice residency at UC Davis Medical Center followed by the UC Davis/Berkeley sports medicine fellowship program.
In addition to providing her patients with exceptional orthopedic care at the practice, Dr. Winans also provides orthopedic care for Truckee High School, North Tahoe High School, the Sugar Bowl Ski Team, Squaw Free, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Ski and Snowboard Teams, the Tahoe Junior Freeride Series, and the International Freeskiers & Snowboarders Association.
She enjoys most outdoor activities and sports, including downhill skiing, mountain biking, Nordic skiing, paddleboarding, and swimming as well as reading in her free time.
Dr. Winans is available to see patients in Truckee at our Tahoe Forest Sports Medicine & Therapy Services location.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Family Practice Internship: UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
- Family Practice Residency: UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine: American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- International Freeskiers & Snowboarders Association
- North Tahoe High School
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
- Squaw Free
- Sugar Bowl Ski Team
- Tahoe Junior Freeride Series
- Truckee High School
- Tahoe Forest Hospital
10710 Donner Pass Road
Truckee, CA 96161